Frequently Asked Questions:
F. A. Q.'s
Are you open with Covid-19? Yes, we are thankful to offer a year long season September 2020-May 2021. We currently are open for class at low capacity only, for the safety of our students.
Do I have to pay to register? Yes, we are only interested in serious students. There is a non refundable $25 registration fee that must be paid. Please be sure you, and your student, and your family, are all ready for this commitment. Also, all students must have a payment card or bank account on file to register and participate in any class.
How big are your classes? Space is very limited. We only have a few recreational classes, and a few Competitive Team classes with 4-8 students. You will be paying more, and moving less, thanks to covid. We will follow all CDC guidelines, it will look very different. It is not for socializing, but for those that need to work on their craft, or a safe healthy body activity. Students must follow all guidelines, and they must be going into Kindergarten or older. Privates and semi privates offered if there is availability.
Can I pay when I come to class? No, classes must be registered and paid before arrival. There is no guest relations in person, only a teacher/coach that needs to teach and coach her class. Our time and facility is valuable, we want class time all about the students.
Can I just walk in? No, students must wait outside, or in car, until a staff member waves try the door. This will be close to class start time. Students must have on mask and get temperature checked to enter. Parents should not leave until the student walks in the building. Students will be dismissed around the last 5 minutes of class.
Can I get a refund? While we refund partial amounts for health issues, financial issues, and those odd surprises, our policy is NO REFUNDS! Quitting does not mean your tuition ends, just that the child isn't attending classes. Please do not sign up and pay unless you know this is a good fit.
If we don't like it, can we get refund? We are currently looking for those that want to commit to the year. We want few, but accountable people, to make this program work safely through the pandemic. Our goal is to stay open. As of September 2020 enrollment time, we are close to losing our property. We need help this next YEAR to get through covid-19 shutdowns. If your child hates it within the first month, or an unknown tragedy occurs, we will refund tuition, but after the first month, we expect your student to follow through. We do not just stop charging, because you quit coming, until your class ends in May 2021
Can I watch? Due to covid, only once a month may one special adult guest come in like it's the good old days! The parent/guest that does come to watch, may not talk...all questions, comments, and concerns should be addressed through our app, phone, text, or email. Students inside the building should not be near or talking to the guest, they must stay in their area. Parent/Guest coming in will be given ONE chair, and must stay seated, and not talking or coughing through the class. This includes talking on a cell phone, or to an instructor, or student. If they have to leave, they may not renter. Parents and students may only bring in: purse, phone, water bottle, (no water will be available be sure your child comes with water!!), and a small dance or gym bag.
Can I get ready at Starz Elite? No, not at this time. We were working on new dressing rooms, but with covid we insist that you arrive dressed and ready, and must wait in car until teacher is ready. We will have up to three entrance/exit doors, in use, you need to go in and out the door your class is assigned. Also they need to try to avoid going to the bathroom, but in an emergency they may use the bathroom and spray and wipe down after. No changing clothes!
What should I bring? Your students should come dressed and hair ready. Parents and students may only bring in the following: purse, phone, water bottle, (no water will be available be sure your child comes with water!!), and a small dance or gym bag. There will be no tables or trash cans, or lost and found items, please do not bring in extra items.
What if you have to shut down? If we are mandated by the government to shut down, you will still get a virtual interactive real time class with your coach at the same practice day/time. Our bills will remain the same, as well as your tuition. We have a very safe student to square footage ratio, we think we can safely operate through covid, but if mandated to shut down, we have to resort to online class.
Can we make up a missed class? The answer used to be yes, but now it will depend on numbers. We hope to accommodate missed classes! We can not promise that all missed classes can be made up. We want your child to succeed, and we will do what we can.
Current precautions and procedures for attending a class during the Covid-19 Pandemic at Starz Elite:
- Students must wear a mask to enter and exit. Teachers and Parent/Guest must wear a mask at all times in the building.
- Students temperature must be below 100 degrees Fahrenheit to participate.
- Students may not have a constant cough or sneezing.
- Students will have an area to stay in 10ft apart while working. One of the reason we want children old enough for school, is so that they are able to stay in their space! Students must be able to spray and wipe down their area and equipment before and after use. They will also use hand sanitizer, we will supply it, but recommend they bring and use their own.
- Students only policy. Your child must be willing to come in alone. On the first day of class each month, one adult may come watch, but fewer people breathing in the building the better, so even on guest day, we prefer you watch online, which can be done in the parking lot. Once you download the app and get the login information, you can watch class from anywhere! Even when out of town.
- Parent/guest that does come to watch, may not talk...all questions, comments, and concerns should be addressed by phone, text, or email. Student should not be near or talking to the guest, they must stay in their area. Parent/Guest coming in will be given ONE chair, and must stay seated, and not talking or coughing through the class. This includes talking on a cell phone, or to an instructor, or student. If they have to leave, they may not renter.
- Students should arrive dressed and ready, and must wait in car, till teacher is ready. We will have three doors, in use, your students needs to go in and out the door assigned to your class. Also, they need to try to avoid going to the bathroom, but in emergency they may use the bathroom and spray and wipe down after. No changing clothes!
-Parents and students may only bring in: purse, phone, water bottle, (no water will be available be sure your child comes with water!!), and a small dance or gym bag. There will be no tables or trash cans, please do not bring in extra items.